Toon onbeantwoorde berichten | Toon actieve onderwerpen Het is nu 28 maart 2024 10:06

Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 10 berichten ] 
Import & APK 997 
Auteur Bericht
PorscheForum Rookie
Bericht Import & APK 997
Goedemiddag,

Ik hoop dat het ok zal zijn in engels te schrijven. I don't want to insult anyone with my poor written Dutch skills :-)
I will be relocating from Dubai to NL this year, and want to bring my 997C2 which I've owned for three years. I have googled about the verhuisgoed process etc. but still wonder about the procedure during technical inspection. The car is almost stock (Factory aerokit and sports exhaust with switch etc., is all documented in delivery sheet), it has however wheel spacers, H&R springs and H&R sway bars (stabilisator) mounted. With the aerokit and suspension the appearance/ride is pretty low. Will I run into any difficulties with these modifications? I read somewhere about a minimum ride height of 10cm, is that accurate? Of course I will bring as much of documentation along as possible.

Bedankt voor jullie hulp!
M.

02 feb 2017 10:33
Profiel
PorscheForum Rakker
Bericht Re: Import & APK 997
In Holland we have a lot of verkeersdrempels. That kinda s**ks with a low car.

Don't know about he inspection. Maybe remove the spacers before the inspection? It might be forbidden.

02 feb 2017 20:29
Profiel
PF #57
I do not know it this is the same with APK in Dubai, but if you import a car from Germany e.g. and it has TUV for for instance 2 years, the RDW accepts this TUV as an 'APK' for 2 years, so you do not need to have the car for APK in the first 2 years. You should check if that is the same with a Dubai APK?

02 feb 2017 21:11
Profiel
PorscheForum Rookie
Thanks. Am not sure the Dubai APK will be considered as proper as the German one. Anyway, nobody any experience with lowered Porsches at APK? Are there any guidelines they follow? Would for instance the H+R papers help?

04 feb 2017 8:29
Profiel
PorscheForum Rakker
Ex. 964 C4, ex Boxster S 981, 997S en 964 C4
Roerdalen
If you have the car lowered with only h&r springs, then there should be no problem with the APK.

04 feb 2017 8:52
Profiel
PorscheForum Junkie
Porscheloos...
Almkerk
I do not see any problems. All cars imported from outside EU need to get APK tested when you bring it to the RDW for your Dutch registration. I would not worry about the mods, just take care it is in good technical condition.

04 feb 2017 9:15
Profiel
PorscheForum Rakker
2007 Porsche 997 GT3 1994 Porsche 993 C2 1987 Porsche 911 3.2 Targa 1986 Defender 200Tdi
Scheveningen
You have a choice, get the apk check done at the rdw while they confirm the identity of your car or just have the rdw check the identity and bring the car to a garage of your choice to do the Apk

Either way I do not expect that there will be any issues.

We do not have a system like Belgium and Germany that all changes to a car need to be documented.

04 feb 2017 9:44
Profiel
PorscheForum Junkie
Porscheloos...
Almkerk
Dlotus, you can only choose if the car is imported from an EU country, this car is from UAE, so you cannot choose. The APK, should be done at the RDW when you bring it to register the car.

04 feb 2017 12:42
Profiel
In the Dutch mountains ...
911 Carrera S
Octaaf schreef:
In Holland we have a lot of verkeersdrempels.

Sleeping Policemen :wink:

04 feb 2017 13:24
Profiel WWW Facebook 
PorscheForum Rookie
Thanks for all the feedback - seems I should be fine then. Wasn't sure indeed if the system is similar to DE where really everything needs to be documented. Will ship the car out end of next month and report back here once done!

04 feb 2017 15:07
Profiel
Antwoord op onderwerp   [ 10 berichten ]