Switch to full style
Praat hier met andere bezoekers over Porsche gerelateerde zaken.
Plaats een reactie

Import & APK 997

02 feb 2017 10:33

Goedemiddag,

Ik hoop dat het ok zal zijn in engels te schrijven. I don't want to insult anyone with my poor written Dutch skills :-)
I will be relocating from Dubai to NL this year, and want to bring my 997C2 which I've owned for three years. I have googled about the verhuisgoed process etc. but still wonder about the procedure during technical inspection. The car is almost stock (Factory aerokit and sports exhaust with switch etc., is all documented in delivery sheet), it has however wheel spacers, H&R springs and H&R sway bars (stabilisator) mounted. With the aerokit and suspension the appearance/ride is pretty low. Will I run into any difficulties with these modifications? I read somewhere about a minimum ride height of 10cm, is that accurate? Of course I will bring as much of documentation along as possible.

Bedankt voor jullie hulp!
M.

Re: Import & APK 997

02 feb 2017 20:29

In Holland we have a lot of verkeersdrempels. That kinda s**ks with a low car.

Don't know about he inspection. Maybe remove the spacers before the inspection? It might be forbidden.

02 feb 2017 21:11

I do not know it this is the same with APK in Dubai, but if you import a car from Germany e.g. and it has TUV for for instance 2 years, the RDW accepts this TUV as an 'APK' for 2 years, so you do not need to have the car for APK in the first 2 years. You should check if that is the same with a Dubai APK?

04 feb 2017 8:29

Thanks. Am not sure the Dubai APK will be considered as proper as the German one. Anyway, nobody any experience with lowered Porsches at APK? Are there any guidelines they follow? Would for instance the H+R papers help?

04 feb 2017 8:52

If you have the car lowered with only h&r springs, then there should be no problem with the APK.

04 feb 2017 9:15

I do not see any problems. All cars imported from outside EU need to get APK tested when you bring it to the RDW for your Dutch registration. I would not worry about the mods, just take care it is in good technical condition.

04 feb 2017 9:44

You have a choice, get the apk check done at the rdw while they confirm the identity of your car or just have the rdw check the identity and bring the car to a garage of your choice to do the Apk

Either way I do not expect that there will be any issues.

We do not have a system like Belgium and Germany that all changes to a car need to be documented.

04 feb 2017 12:42

Dlotus, you can only choose if the car is imported from an EU country, this car is from UAE, so you cannot choose. The APK, should be done at the RDW when you bring it to register the car.

04 feb 2017 13:24

Octaaf schreef:In Holland we have a lot of verkeersdrempels.

Sleeping Policemen :wink:

04 feb 2017 15:07

Thanks for all the feedback - seems I should be fine then. Wasn't sure indeed if the system is similar to DE where really everything needs to be documented. Will ship the car out end of next month and report back here once done!
Plaats een reactie