Toon onbeantwoorde berichten | Toon actieve onderwerpen Het is nu 27 apr 2024 16:40

Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 10 berichten ] 
Importing a US Cayenne S to Amsterdam 
Auteur Bericht
PorscheForum Rookie
Bericht Importing a US Cayenne S to Amsterdam
Hi All.

First, apologies for using English instead of Dutch. I hope to rectify that shortcoming in the next year.

My family and I are moving to Amsterdam in June and bringing our 2013 Cayenne S with us. We currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California. In general, we are a Porsche family. My wife and I each daily drive a Cayenne, and we have a GT3 for weekends. I also rebuild 911s with a friend. Although we are not bringing the GT3 with us (yet), my son and I have plans for multiple visits to Nurburgring.

I have a few questions I hope this group can help me with as I prepare to import my Cayenne. It appears that EU tail lights differ from US. I'm trying to figure out if the changes are software changes or if I need to replace the lights with EU models. Here are my US part numbers:

Body side - outer
left: 958631095 12
right: 958631096 12

Tailgate - inner
left: 958631093 11
right: 958631094 11

Can anyone confirm if those are the same part numbers for the EU model 958 Cayennes?

Thanks!
Mike.

02 nov 2023 22:17
Profiel
PorscheForum Rakker
991 Carrera 4S Cabrio (06/14) Targa 911 SC (01/81) RSR “achtige” (10/74) Ex Boxster 718 S (09/17)
Omgeving Hilversum
Bericht Re: Importing a US Cayenne S to Amsterdam
There are probably one or two people here that know the answer but why not contact a dealership and let them figure out? You can then always do whatever you want but at least know. Porsche Amsterdam will be closest for you. Cheers,

https://www.porschecentrumamsterdam.nl/contact

02 nov 2023 22:39
Profiel
PorscheForum Junkie
996 GT2 - 991 Cabrio Project
Sint-Niklaas, Oost-Vlaanderen
Hello,

in my experience with the 991, euro-taillights are a different part number and have different plugs that fit with a little bit of modifying.

I used SCL Rotterdam for shipping.

East coast to rotterdam was about 3400€ and you'll have to add 31% taxes over your declared value.

Kind Regards,
Johan

03 nov 2023 10:47
Profiel Facebook 
PorscheForum Super Junkie
Ex 964, ex C3.o
Amsterdam PF #109
Not sure about the taxes. Think there is a ruling that if you had the car in your name for 12 months and keep it for another 12 in the NL you maye be tax exempt

03 nov 2023 12:40
Profiel
PorscheForum Rakker
997.1 Carrera S coupe handbak
Here's some official info about taxes and importing vehicles when moving to the Netherlands from a non-EU country:
https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/ ... _to_import

Don't know much about Cayenne's, but here you can find the official parts catalogue for your 2013 Cayenne:
https://www.porsche.com/netherlands/nl/ ... nderdelen/

03 nov 2023 12:57
Profiel
PorscheForum Rookie
I have a shipping company that will ship the car out of Oakland (West Cost of US). After talking with the shipping company, I should not need to pay taxes on the car as I've owned it and insured it for more than 6 months in the US, and I will be keeping it for more than 12 months in Amsterdam.

Changes to the lights appear to be my only issue with importing the car. There are shops (and the dealer) who will make the car EU compliant, but no one is willing to share what those changes are. I was hoping to simply do the changes myself before shipping the car as I have a full shop with lift and tools at my home. I much prefer performing work on my cars myself where possible.

Thanks to those who responded. I look forward to meeting the NL Porsche community in person this summer.

Mike.

03 nov 2023 18:05
Profiel
911 2.4 T targa '72, 991 4S cabrio '13
Ok, it looks like you simplifying the problem. Since your car comes from outside the European Union you will need a "European type approval". As i understand, the simplest way to get this is by getting a German type approval and then converting this to a Dutch type approval (skipping this step would mean that you would need the car approval direct from the RDW in Lelystad which is an expensive and quite extensive test/inspection of your car). So the easiest way is via a german approval.

From the site of the "RDW" (Dutch authority on car "laws") : HERE more info (in Dutch)

More about the "german path" HERE (sorry the text is also in Dutch).

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

03 nov 2023 19:02
Profiel
PorscheForum Rookie
Yes. Someone warned me about this. I'm working with my local dealer here in the US to get a CoA certificate. I've been told that since the car was manufactured in Leipzig, I should be fine. I hope I can get the CoA and resolve this soon.

Mike.

03 nov 2023 20:16
Profiel
911 2.4 T targa '72, 991 4S cabrio '13
If i read the Dutch rules correctly about this, a CoA is not gonna work here... Since the car is coming from outside the EU zone. Doesn't matter if it was produced in Germany, it was constructed according to US specs. That's why i explained you the "german work-around" to get it through the inspection from the RDW.

Found a commercial website that might help you (in English); see HERE

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

03 nov 2023 21:33
Profiel
PorscheForum Junkie
996 GT2 - 991 Cabrio Project
Sint-Niklaas, Oost-Vlaanderen
Arent the headlights also different?

03 nov 2023 23:26
Profiel Facebook 
Antwoord op onderwerp   [ 10 berichten ]